Monday, January 06, 2020

Ghosts Of Christmas Present(s)

My posting numbers are down this year.  137 was my total, compared to 159 and 146 in the last two years respectively.  I know I've probably left a few on my computer in the form of scans that I forgot about and never used.

Such is the case for a package I got the week before Christmas from Gavin at Baseball Card Breakdown.  My apologies, dude!  I got caught up in last minute stuff for the holidays and spaced on this one.


Got a kick out of this limited edition custom of "Santa" that was made into an ornament complete with hanger string.


 Which also doubled as the package note!


A quick hit to my 2019 Allen & Ginter mini inserts.  Guess Narrangansett is a "rich" language since they could afford to use all those extra letters in the name.


Some nice Redskins serial numbered singles.  (Scanned the numbers from the backs).  'Tana and H.B played a lot for them.


Even got a couple hits!  (Again showing the numbers from the backs).  Kelly is the player with the most jersey cards in my collection, and probably the least amount of time on the field in regular season games.


And finally, Gavin threw in an extra Kingman custom.  Love the stamp.  Looks like it could blend right in with Retired Signature.  A nice addition to my PC.

Hope you had a great holiday G!  I appreciate the mailday!

4 comments:

  1. That Kingman is pretty cool. Didn't realize he played for the Padres. I wonder if Kong signs through the mail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kingman was only on the Padres for 56 games. He was acquired from the Mets in June 1977 (just days after the Mets traded Seaver) and then waived in September, spending 2 weeks with the Angels and then 2 weeks with the Yankees in a very strange season.

      His only cards as a Padre were some of those oddball MSA discs which were produced in many variations that year. https://www.tradingcarddb.com/ViewCard.cfm/sid/104708/cid/7264326/1977-Holiday-Inn-Discs-NNO-Dave-Kingman

      Delete
  2. Yes, he is a good TTM signer. That's just an extra custom for TTMing I had, and threw it in when I saw he's a PC guy.

    Glad you like, Greg! Sorry I didn't have more to send you, but I'm trying to keep an eye out for cards you could use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another interesting thing about that 1977 season for Kingman was that he was the only player in Major League history to have hit a home run in each of the 4 divisions while he played for that team.

    ReplyDelete