Monday, March 25, 2019

Braden Holtby Knocks Out The Flyers

Had fun on Sunday with most of my Tuesday night 8-ball team at Capital One Arena in downtown DC for the Capitals vs. Flyers.

We sat in section 424 this time.  I get the tickets online that are both unsold seats and season ticket holders who resell the games they don't attend.  One of our players is a Flyers fan, and our captains can't really go during the week, so the matinee on Sunday was perfect.  It was just a long wait since I bought the tix, because you have to get them way in advance.  I try to get behind the goal that the Caps will shoot at twice, but no luck this time.  Still good seats, though. 


This was our view before game time.

Caps came out firing and scored early in the first.  They've pretty much had Philly's number all year, and today was more of the same.  Tom Wilson gets a tip-in with just under four minutes elapsed.


Not my photo, but this is the ground level view of the first goal.

There were a couple country boys sitting behind us who were more entertaining than the NBC play-by-play probably was.  They chattered and cheered almost non-stop, but it wasn't hostile or annoying, they made it fun.


Holtby was sharp all game, but had plenty of down time in the first period.

Caps put another one in about halfway through the second period.  Then just a couple minutes before the buzzer, Philly stuck one on the power play.

Vrana's breakaway made it a comfortable 3-1 after eight in the third.  Ovie tried to hook up Lars Eller with the ENG inside the last minute, but it was tipped away.


Congratulated by the team at the final horn, Holtby was first star for the game. 


Caps come away with 3-1 victory and dampen Philly's playoff hopes with the season sweep.


2 comments:

  1. I'd like to go to a hockey game someday. I keep thinking that I'll make it to a Predators game, but just haven't done so yet... I probably wouldn't procrastinate as much if I actually had someone to go with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I watched that one on TV.

    ReplyDelete