Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Big Mailday Coming, But Not Now!

Got an envelope in the mail a couple days ago from Topps Now!.


You might have seen where I had ordered one of the Washington Nationals Now! championship team sets back in November.  It came with an autograph from one of several players that would be shipped at a later date.

Could this be my long awaited prize?  Oh please let it be Strasburg, or Scherzer, or even Kendrick. (My luck, I'll get the guy I have the least enthusiasm for, Corbin).

Open it up!


Yep, single trading card inside.  Along with this folded card.  Drum roll....



Ugh.  It's an ad for the new season of Topps Now!.


The upside is, it's a Mike Trout card.  Looks a bit like they twisted the sidebar of the flagship set and ran it along the bottom edge and up the right side a little ways.  The back has that cool embossed logo effect. Any Trout collectors, hit me up.  I don't really need to hold on to this.  The only other Now! cards I'll be getting is if the Nats or O's win another championship, or one of my player collection guys comes out of retirement.

4 comments:

  1. Topps is teasing you. At least it was good trade fodder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool freebie. Hope you can turn this Trout into something for your Nationals collection. Can't wait for the autographs to be shipped out. I'd love to track down the Kurt Suzuki autograph if they're reasonably affordable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the same envelope, but mine was not sealed, so all I got was the empty envelope! Sad trombone.

    ReplyDelete