Sunday, February 04, 2018

Eight Ball And Nine Cards

My Tuesday night pool team won the playoffs last session which entitled us to go down to southeast Baltimore and compete in the Tri-Annuals on Saturday the 3rd.  I didn't shoot, and we lost, but I did slip around the corner to the North Point Plaza Flea Market and checked out the two card vendors that are usually there.

The one guy Steve has a big area with lots of monster dime boxes and some stacks of star cards.  I picked out a couple gems.


This one caps off that 1989 Upper Deck set I got in Michigan earlier last year.  $20 for my pick of five different ones.  This was the best centered specimen.


And this one was a no-brainer since I'm in pursuit of the set.  No great flaws that I can see.  The texture comes from the penny sleeve I scanned it in.  Maury was marked Book $100 Sell $15.

The other guy Glenn has a smaller area, but always has vintage stars for great prices.  He also had a box of vintage singles with price stickers on them, but the numbers didn't mean anything.

These set me back $30.  Total. 

Aparicio has some pock marks like he's kissed the pavement a while back, so that may be an upgrade later, but the rest are right in line.  Luis is a high number, as is Maxvill, Conley and Daniels, who is the highest number of all - #587 - the last card in the set.

One of these days I'm going down there just to shop at these two dealers, when I don't have to worry about getting back to the pool team.  Anyone in the Baltimore Metro area can catch them on the weekends from 7-3 (til 4 Sunday) near the Wal-Mart on North Point Boulevard.  Take exit for Eastern Avenue off I-95 North.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you did pretty well with the vintage. Love the Yaz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip about the flea market -- we don't live in Baltimore, but we visit there every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My copy of the '63 Wills cost me a little over $20 at a card show late last year, and yours is in considerably better shape than mine. Nice finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice vintage lot!

    ReplyDelete