Sunday, February 25, 2018

Number Two Of The Men In Blue

Shortly after the 1988 Umpires set arrived, I got the second one from the next year.  This time it came with the custom binder and sheets too.


Binder is nice looking and coordinates with the set well.  Mine got a little bent in the back panel from shipping, but I don't think it'll show.


The sheets got crimped so they have a big wrinkle in them, but I'll probably use Ultra Pro Platinums anyway.  Hopefully the binder will hold all 21+ sheets worth of the three sets together.


Nice set with a few names that I think are still on the field.  I showed the names I recognized without reading the backs of all the cards first.


Ol' Country Joe West looked a bit different back then.  He's one that should have retired a little while ago, in my opinion.  Not a bad guy necessarily, he just makes his presence felt during games, usually at crucial moments when the umps shouldn't be a factor.


So now I'm down to the 1990 set.  Thanks eBay sellers!


2 comments:

  1. I really long for the days when you could get custom binders for certain sets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those 3 sets are gonna look awesome in that binder! Best of luck on securing the 1990 set.

    ReplyDelete