Friday, February 09, 2018

Progress!

I have been very industrious lately.  Had some "me" time this weekend and the last couple evenings, so I set out to clean off my sorting desk and the surrounding room.  Managed to pull it off after today, which was the first snow day we've had this school year.

I showed these shots before of the piles of binders, boxes, and cards that had accumulated since last fall.




I have successfully culled an '86 Fleer starter set, and listed, sorted, and re-boxed several sets that were waiting, and put away all the stacks on the desk into their respective boxes or binders.  Then I stacked the binder boxes elsewhere to clear floor space.

Now it looks like this in there:




Voilà!  Space to walk, sort, and sit!

Of course, now I'm even farther over capacity in storing all this stuff.  Had to raise the top shelf of my wire rack so I could put five boxes deep in each stack.  Helped a little, but that shelf is almost full again already.

Next thing to do is make a comprehensive list of my tradeable starter sets and move out some bulk boxes!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like my desk. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:53 AM

    Wow!!!! From what I have been told your friend in Michigan should hire you to do his old bedroom & his collection in being more organized.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're my inspiration. I'm going to spend at least 3 hours in my office this weekend cleaning and organizing. Hopefully... it'll make a noticeable dent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you can sit on the couch now. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete