Thursday, February 01, 2018

Back Home


Things didn't work out for Mimi and I.  She's a great dog but was overwhelmed with all the noises, traffic, and distractions around my place, and didn't have any place to run.  She became very reactive to people walking nearby.  I was having trouble sleeping and keeping up with her.  It just wasn't a good fit for either of us.

So I took her back to the rescue where her friends are.  The rescue staff are very dedicated and take really great care of the dogs.

I was afraid she would be upset when we got there, and that I would be distraught.  But actually, she was very happy to see them and seemed glad to be back.  I felt a lot better about the whole thing.

I think she'll be fine and I hope she finds her forever home soon.  As for me, I'm looking forward to sleeping in this weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry it did not work out, but I am glad to hear that you are both doing much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear it wasn't a perfect fit. Get some rest... and I'll send some positive vibes out to Mimi in hopes that she finds her "forever home" soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer things didn't work out. I love dogs.. but I hate excessive barking, so I get it. Think you'll get another pup one of these days? I'm grateful for my wife spending some time researching breeds before getting our respective dogs (with quietude being an important factor).

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is really a nice dog, and was friendly once she got past the initial fear. Was just too young for me and my surroundings. Training and time may have changed some of it, but in the long run I think I did right by both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like the right decision for both parties. Hopefully she'll find a home with a big yard tucked away from the busy streets.

    ReplyDelete