Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Targets For Assimilation #2

On my wantlist home page, (and at the left on this blog site), I list my top "most wanted fugitives".  These are the set killers, the last elusive insert or short print that will clear a major space on my want list.  A lot of other bloggers have them too.  Nebulous Nine, Desperate Double Dozen, Arbitrary 8, etc.  I figured why not write a post about what some of them are or why they're such a priority.

#2 on my current Priorities want list is 2004 Timeless Teams Bill Freehan, but that's been found and is on its way eventually.

So post #2 is actually about the #3 listing of two Brett Favre cards that are set killers.

The first is 2009 Topps Mayo football.  I bought two boxes of the stuff when it was new and got close to a set.  Still have a bunch of the minis, parallel minis, and box topper jumbos available to anyone that needs them.  The last elusive single for the base set is Favre's card showing him with the Vikings.


Also need this mini for the insert set:


The other Favre is a base set killer for a set that I picked up at a Michigan dealer this past year.  I got all the short set base cards (1-90) except this one.  Need a lot of the short prints, though.  Nice looking set that doesn't scan very well at all.


Brett Favre is kinda like Derek Jeter to my baseball wants.  If there's a superstar missing from a set, it's probably Jeter.  In football, it's probaby Brett Favre.  Or maybe Peyton Manning.

1 comment:

  1. It's painful to see Favre in a Vikings jersey. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete