Saturday, February 15, 2020

We're All Animals!

Was gettting my fix at my favorite local card booth inside an antique mall last week and saw some Allen & Ginter minis called Horse In The Race.  I had just seen them in somebody's blog posting a day or so before.  I looked it up on my phone and it turned out to be from Nachos Grande blog.  He only needed four more to kill the set, and they were there, so I snagged 'em up.

Chris sent me some A&G in return, some of which also depict our friends with tails and bad table manners.  Oh, and some ballplayers too.


My absolute favorite mini insert set from A&G (like, ever) is now complete!  (Though they coulda put a pitbull in there).  These two fuzzy people finish it out.  Still have three other mini insert sets to kill in 2019.  Is it me or does every other Instagram hottie have a Frenchie or a big shepherd dog?


Here's another 2019 insert, but full size.  One more down in the 100-card zodiac sign series.  This one of the only slightly less hairy Noah "Thor" Syndergaard.  I'm glad he's got the nickname, because it's a lot shorter to type in a wantlist than Syndergaard.


Moving back six years to a better manscaped Clayton Kershaw in 2013's 100-card insert Across The Years.  These are nice looking, but I couldn't remember what the theme was until I looked on the Database.  It's common birthdays among sports figures.  I would have said to put them in order by the calendar, but then the names would have been all mixed up (and God forbid they NUMBER these instead of using stupid initials!)


And finally, a cosmic flavored insert also from 2013.  Only related to the recent "Egg" A&G card by the shape, this is a minor planet that was only recently discovered in a remote region of the solar system.


5 comments:

  1. Love the quote - and the furry post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for thinking of my want list and I was happy to be able to help you out as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been on the Instagram, so unfortunately I don't know what all of the "hottie's" have or don't have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The puppy cards are adorable. And Haumea definitely looks like an egg - specifically the egg in the more recent set. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Collectible Canines insert. Pretty sure the first time I saw them was on Nacho's blog.

    ReplyDelete