Monday, April 27, 2020

Collector's Log: Stardate 198211.13

It's now November 1982, and the year is starting to wind down.  And actually, so is this series, unless I can find the other journal book for 1983!


Big shop visit for this one.  I spent over $23!  (Boy, if I could get away from a decent shop for that little nowadays, they must have nothing but Bowman and hot rookies!)



It was about this many '78's, but there weren't any big stars listed.


Four Mickey Lolich cards, probably not '78 or '79, since I was working on those sets, so they're probably at least one or two of these....


Same deal with Cedeno...


This one I do know, but it could be the '70 or '71.  The difference is the color of the inside.


1981 Kellogg's is the easiest set to complete, and I bought it all at once.  I have a line on most of it if anyone needs.


Willie Randolph getting his first taste of New York in 1976....


A couple from the year before.  Billy Williams is one of the few non-player-collection guys in this purchase.


Even the World Series cards had several of my PC guys.  Palmer in '71 and Tenace, Foster, and Campaneris make apperances in '73 Topps.

All this and some stickers for $23?  Bring back the good ol' days!

I've got two more entries from the journal to go.  One about the '82 NFL strike and the resulting Redskins championship.  The last is in December where I said that I put in orders for TCMA sets, and showed off my ('82?) Traded set.  After that, I'm going to have to dig out the other book...

4 comments:

  1. Really enjoying this series. That was a great buy for $23, then or now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 1981 Kellogg's set... and my favorite card is the Rickey! And you were rolling in the money. In 1983, I was 11 years old and I would have been lucky to have $3 saved up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Given the prices in most card shops these days, $23 probably doesn't go as far as it used to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 81 Kelloggs - one of my faves! The bright yellow cards make me all happy inside! I have a set too.

    ReplyDelete