Sunday, April 26, 2020

More Great Moments In Packaging

Dangit!  I'm a couple posts ahead, and I forgot to put one up on Friday.  Here's your bonus weekend post...

Got a really cool box of stuff from a Trading Bases member, Roland last week.  He was making up for past trades and just helping people out.  For a moment, I thought he might have gone overboard...


Was gonna say I don't even own and iPod, but I actually have one of those really small ones that you pin to your shirt that my mother won at a company party giveaway and didn't know what to do with it.  I don't use it either.


Slide away the sleeve...  Still looks like their may be electronics in there....


A-HA!  It's actually all but three singles I need to kill the '93 GameDay set I started early this year with the purchase of a binder-full for cheap!  (For those scoring at home, 22 ESmith  81 Monk  353 Stepnoski are left)

Perfect packaging! 



Besides two other snap boxes of basically the rest of my '92 Pro Set football needs (yes, you read that right - 1992 Pro Set.  I like that stuff just as much as 2020 Heritage or 1959 Topps.  OK, maybe not quite that much, but still....) was this Conlon Colorized Bob Feller.  #23 in the series, it was a bonus that came with the SCD Price Guide.  Now all I need are the ones numbered in the 30's.


5 comments:

  1. exc packaging! a beautiful Conlon addition as well! I love me some Conlon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Feller. Especially since it's a panel card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew those color Conlons came in price guides. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just that one, actually. Some of the other later ones were Toys-R-Us exclusives or other redemption offers.

      Delete
  4. That Feller is cool. I love oddball issues that came in card magazines.

    ReplyDelete