Wednesday, April 15, 2020

When The Night (Owl Cards) Come Down

Got those 2020 Heritage inserts that Greg mentioned a few posts back.  The black borders just inspire a theme, and with them coming from a "creature of the night", it all fits together.  Especially these days, when there's not much to do or anywhere to go.


This is one of my favorite tracks from Judas Priest.  The video features the covers of their complete discography.  They ran out of song before they ran out of covers.

You can kinda twist the lyrics to apply to the world situation today...

In the last rays of the setting sun
And the past days, that's where our memories run


Harkening back to the 20 seasons of Willie Mays.  And remembering when we could still go to a ballgame.

And all of those times
Still race through my mind


Winners past and present, though JV doesn't have the postseason luck - I'm sure it bothers him to some degree.

Call me and I'll wait till the summer
You never understood
That I'll wait forever


We'll just have to wait for whatever's left of the season this year.  I'm sure these guys are itching to play as much as we're itching to watch them.

When the night comes down
And I'm here all alone
When the night comes down
And there's no place to go


At least we can still go to the mailbox.  In the meantime, stay home, stay well, keep reading, trading, sorting, and collecting.  This too, shall pass.

Thanks again to Night Owl!  I gave him a big push to replace the "nudge" toward his Heritage base set 

1 comment:

  1. Priest!

    Got the package the other day. Still a little disturbing how much I need. This set collecting is no joke.

    ReplyDelete