Monday, April 20, 2020

Reflected Rays

Recently traded with Jeremy at Heartbreaking Cards....  Knocked out a bunch of his Tampa Bay Rays wants instead.  Here's what I got for this round...it's a very eclectic mix of set hits.


Nice batch of 2002 Topps Traded.  Most of these guys had decent careers.  Not sure if Mario is Edwin's brother or not.


Another Traded set, this time from the next year.  I always associate this set with speckles from bricking since I bought a whole box that was like that.  Even the replacement box wasn't a whole lot better.  One day I'll find or trade for a nice series 1 set.


Scott Rolen insert from 2003 Topps.  Trouble with these is, some players are duplicated between the red and blue backs.


Some nice names from the most recent set build I've started - 2004 Topps All Time Fan Favorites including the late Al Kaline.  Excuse my old eyesight missing the cropping on these scans.


One, two and twenty four from the 2004 Topps insert series.  I never had to memorize the order of the Presidents in school, did you?


Retro-hat version of Torii Hunter's 2005 Heritage.  He's always so happy on his cards.


Cantu from the first A&G set and Jeremy's beloved Rays.


Here's one from the 2006 Topps 1952 rookies set.  Two of the most overemphasized things in the hobby.  The '52 design and rookies.  Guess I just collect this set because I could with the starter batch I got.


Another Topps rookies from 2007.  Great photo concept, just not the best execution.


And finally, two from 2007 Heritage.  Still need the other A Sanchez.

Thanks a lot Jeremy! 

2 comments:

  1. The Encarnacions do not seem to be related.

    My favorites of this group are the Fan Favorites. Including Schmidt doesn't hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember taking the time to memorize the order of the Presidents for school, but my parents made me recite them from Reagan backwards to FDR. Oh man... I just tried to do it thirty years later... and I missed Johnson and Truman. I guess I need to study them a little more frequently.

    ReplyDelete