Wednesday, June 05, 2019

Lucky Se7en

For the longest time, one card topped my priority wants list.  It was a bit obscure, too.  The Week 7 redemption card from the 2011 Topps Prime 9 program was missing from my set of nine redemption cards and nine player cards that came from them.  Until now.


But there's been a complication.

My good buddy Stuart told me he miraculously found the #7 card, but actually sent me the entire set of redemptions and player cards.  So now I have two whole sets minus the #7 redemption card.  While I appreciate the effort - and Stuart sends me tons of stuff all the time - sending me the whole thing just basically negates what I had before.  Or I still need a #7 to complete what is now the second set.  So I'm almost no better off, unless....


You can help!  If anyone else out there has pieces of this set, be it the redemption cards or the player cards, let me know.  I'll break up one set to any and all so then all I have to keep is the #7 and you can complete your set. 

I don't know how many collectors keep (or persuade their dealers to let them keep) the redemption numbers, but this also includes any and all of the player cards that you got when you turned in the redemption cards.


Each of these currently sells for just under a dollar on COMC, so they're not super high end or anything. 

Comment or email with trade offers for any you might need!

5 comments:

  1. Nice gesture by Stuart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see no complication, you're friend sent you the card, now you have said much desired card, plus a few extras... what am I missing? And kudos to your friend for tracking that one down, as it was obviously not the easiest thing in the world to find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "extras" are the entire double set except that one.

      Delete
  3. I like this set. Picked up a refractor set back in 2012 for $5. Like how Topps tried to get collectors to interact with their LCS.

    ReplyDelete